In order to join the Nova Scotia ITF Taekwon-Do Association, one must be under the direct supervision of one of our International Instructors. Please check Directory of Rgeistered Dojangs to contact an International Instructor near you who may help you become a member. For any additional information or assistance about membership in the Nova Scotia ITF Taekwon-Do Association. Anyone who becomes a member will receive:
- Instruction in the Original Art of Taekwon-Do created by General Choi Hong Hi
- Membership with the International Taekwon-Do Federation www.tkd-itf.org
- Semi-annual and annual Technical, Referee and Umpire trainings
- Local, Provincial, National and International Tournaments
- The opportunity to attend CTFI-sponsored activities such as Special Trainings and special practices led by senior black belts
- Continuing guidance – via personal training, email and web site communication – on interpreting, applying and integrating the instructional material in the condensed encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do (5th edition, 1999) by General Choi Hong Hi.
- Access to the CTFI and ITF website for news on current activities in Canada and international affiliates, schedule of events, monthly training calendar, and articles and resources related to Taekwon-Do
- The opportunity to be ranked at Gup (white and black stripe ranking) tests.
- The opportunity to be ranked at Dan (black belt ranking) tests. Furthermore, at CTFI Dan tests, each candidate is carefully judged and graded by senior members of the organization, according to the standards handed down through General Choi Hong Hi.